This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -Wextra and unsigned template parameters
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Aliesha Finkel <agfinkel at yahoo dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:23:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: -Wextra and unsigned template parameters
- References: <20060510160007.GA20775@synopsys.com> <200605101630.k4AGUX3W007186@earth.phy.uc.edu>
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:30:33PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > I think that the warning is useful if the comparison is *always* true for
> > any call of foo<anything>. But here, whether the test is redundant or not
> > depends on the type of bar. Possibly there's a way to determine that the
> > type of bar is a template argument and suppress the warning in that case.
> Why are we talking so much in this thread and not fixing the bug?
Because there is a question about what the correct fix is.