Re: Seeking patch for ambiguous conversion

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:30:57AM -0700, Earl Chew wrote:
> Is there a recent (3.4.2 or later) patch for the following problem?

It's not clear whether there is any problem in the compiler, though there
may be a problem in the code.

> The entire fragment compiles ok with the latest Microsoft Visual Studio
> and even one version before that.

The relevant question is whether Microsoft is correct to accept the code.
To determine that, the ISO standard is the referee.  The goal of the
developers is to produce an ISO-compliant, not a Microsoft-compliant,
compiler.

I believe (though I'm not certain) that g++ is correct here.