Re: Status of SEE and Autovectorization patches?

> Given that this is more than a bootstrap problem with non-default flags,
> but testsuite regressions for gfortran and SPEC failures on a primary
> platform, I think this falls under GCC's 48 hour rule.  This simply
> formalizes your phrase "short time frame" above, and means that it
you're
> unlikely to come up with a solution to these problems in the next day
> or two, that you/we should simply disable -fsee from being turned on by
> default at -O3.

I will disable -fsee for being turned on by default at -O3.

In parallel I will work to see what exactly are the x86 problems.

In my opinion the current x86 problems are due to some patterns difficult
to figure out on PowerPC, and a few safety tests will suffice to fix then
(i.e. to prevent the optimization to be done in these problematic cases).

Mirea