Re: svn problems

Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> wrote:

>> Also, with svn 1.4 dev (all i have on this machine)
>
> Cool, fixed in 1.4 dev.  Now I'm curious if it is fixed in 1.3.x.  I
> really want to update, but, the fortunes of a large company with lots
> of revenue are predicated on this stuff actually working.  :-)  Can I
> rely, given that, on 1.4 dev if it isn't fixed in 1.3.x?

Pay attention: SVN 1.4 performs a silent upgrade of your working copy to a new
format the first time it writes to it. This allows to deliver much increased
performances with large working copies like GCC (IIRC there will be half of the
stat operations for a "svn status", for instance), but makes the working copy
totally incompatible with SVN 1.3 and previous versions. And there are no
official downgrade script (even if google might come up with some unofficial
script I saw around).

Giovanni Bajo