about f77/f90 and gcc

I have hacked gcc to add some instrumentation functionality (adding a simple pass). It works for my C programs (because I can compile them by using ">/home/mygcc/bin/gcc myprog.c") , and now I am thinking of how to have it work for fortran programs--as my transformation pass is done after GIMPLIFICATION, this should work theoretically. i.e., I want to incorporate an f77/f90 frontend to my compiler (I imagine/guess the frontend can be combined by simply changing a script file, as changing mpicc script can redirect it to any compiler. But I may be wrong).
I realize the gcc4.0.2 source code does not include any fortran frontend.

Apparently, in my box, the f77 executable is in a directory that I don't have privilege to change.(I am using a Linux box administrated by my university. )
which f77
/usr/bin/f77