Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-04-19)

gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org wrote on 20-04-2006 12:47:54 AM:

> 3) autovectorization improvements
>
> Good autovectorization is becoming ever more-important in performance
> evaluation.  Is there someone who can review this patch?
>
> Are there other things that are approximately ready for inclusion that
> we should try to get into 4.2?

We have submitted for mainline 4.2 two patches for review.
Still waiting for approvement:

1. Vectorize type conversions: support vectorization in the presence of
   data-types of different sizes.

part1 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00940.html
            (cleanup)
part2 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00941.html
            (multiple-types for loads/stores)
part3 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00942.html
            (multiple-types for simple operations)
part4 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00943.html
            (multiple-types for reduction)
part5 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00944.html
            (type demotion)
part6 - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg01453.html
            (type promotion)

entire patch - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml//gcc-patches/2006-02/msg01454.html

2. Interleaved memory access: support vectorization in the presence of
   strided loads in the loop.

Additionaly we are working on tree-vectorize and tree-ifcvt enhancements
to enable vectorization of EEMBC telecom/vitervi benchmark. This is
expected to
be ready at early May/2006. Should we consider this for 4.2 too?

thanks,
-- Victor