Re: Summer of Code 2006

How about a pull-together of all the existing docs on how to create a new front-end / back-end.. stuff like whats in the gcc internals doc, and Stallman's "Using and porting gcc".. maybe update it all in a single place for ver 4.x, and update for the undocumented / obsolete macros? It's not strictly coding, I know, but in many ways, it might actually be a more important (and higher level) project than one strictly involving coding, as it would clear up loose ends, and facilitate the expansion of gcc into other languages / targets. The students that took the project on would gain a detailed knowledge of the structure of gcc itself, and would gain kudos for their efforts. It would be a serious help to people trying to develop new front ends or back ends for gcc (like me!).