This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Segment registers support for i386
- From: "Lucas (a.k.a T-Bird or bsdfan3)" <tbird-contact at cox dot net>
- To: RÃmy Saissy <remy dot saissy at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:50:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: Segment registers support for i386
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It would take a massive target-specific backend hack to make that
happen, as GCC currently only supports flat address spaces. ;-)
RÃmy Saissy wrote:
I'm looking for gcc support of x86-32 segment registers but the only information
I've found about it is in this old thread:
I was wondering what happened since this thread, does somebody have integrated
the segment register support for i386 in gcc ?
There is nothing about it in the manual pages and gcc 4.0.3 doesn't
seem to support it.
Thank for your precisions.
Have a great day.
RÃmy Saissy JabberID: email@example.com
"L'homme qui a le plus vÃcu n'est pas celui qui a comptÃ le plus d'annÃes,
mais celui qui a le plus senti la vie."
J.-J. Rousseau, Emile.