Re: Ada subtypes and base types

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 14:28 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

> On irc today we were discussing handling 'this' in gcj.  We can add an
> attribute to the argument to mark it as non-null... but strangely
> there doesn't seem to be a way to mark other local variables as
> known-non-null -- a curious deficiency.
It seems to me that for other locals that the non-null property
ought to be a property of how those locals are assigned a value.
ie, if we're going to be able to derive a non-null for a local we
should be able to derive it from the RHS of the assignment(s) to
that local.

IIRC "this" is actually a parameter and thus there's no assignment
we can derive information from.

jeff