This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 3.3.6 built OK for HP-UX 11.11
- From: "Andreas Garvik" <andreas at legacy dot no>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:57:07 +0200
- Subject: GCC 3.3.6 built OK for HP-UX 11.11
2. gcc -v
macallan 253: gcc -v
Reading specs from
Configured with: /proj/oscp/nightly/gcc/gcc_3_3_6_release/gcc/configure
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --without-gnu-ld --build=hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.11
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.6
macallan 254: pwd
3. uname -a
HP-UX macallan B.11.11 U 9000/800 1770927651 unlimited-user license
4. --enable-languages=c,c++ (Only built for C,C++, package core and g++
Built on a HP RP5430 server.
I had to configure the libstdc++-v3 separately prior to the build,
i.e. make sure to run the configure command for libstdc++-v3 as well.
I have also built it for single thread, i.e. --enable-threads=single.
For posix thread --enable-threads=posix you will need
libpthread* in your /usr/lib.
I also installed libiconv 1.10 prior to the build.
With this setup, I am able to have the GCC 3.3.6 and 2.95.2 on the
same machine, and toggling between them is easy with logical links.