Re: undefined declaration in pre-processed generated C file

GALLEGGIANTI Bruno wrote:-

> typedef __builtin_va_list __gnu_va_list;
>
> My problem is that __builtin_va_list is never declared/defined in the
> pre-processed file. I've no warning about that (-Wall option)
>
> Following this behaviour, I have 3 questions:
>
> 1) How does gcc compiler resolve this typedef (before link stage) ?

__builtin_va_list is, as described, built-in to the compiler.  It is
not defined anywhere; it's built-in definition may well be target-
specific.

You will always have this problem operating on preprocessed source.
Other compilers have similar built-in definitions, such as
__NAN__.  Preprocessed source is compiler-specific.

Neil.