This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: R_PPC_REL24 overflow
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: James Lemke <jwlemke at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:51:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: R_PPC_REL24 overflow
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 01:53:31PM -0500, James Lemke wrote:
> The generated asm makes the reference as:
> bl pthread_mutex_unlock@plt # 141 *call_value_nonlocal_sysv/1 [length = 4]
> And for this, gas generates:
> R_PPC_REL24 __pthread_mutex_lock
> Can anyone help clarify what is / should be going on here?
All fine so far. Then, ld should resolve the branch to point to a PLT
entry - you want to figure out why that isn't happening and the branch
is being output into the shared library.