This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to profile application in between 2 triggers
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: jayaraj <jayaraj at blr dot pin dot philips dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:51:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: how to profile application in between 2 triggers
- References: <1143605120.1655.893.camel@ingbtcpic2lx004>
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:35:21AM +0530, jayaraj wrote:
> I want to profile an application in linux. Now I am using -pg option
> with gcc for generating the profile data. Then used gprof for getting
> profiles. In this profiling, it starts from first function (main()) to
> ending function. Actually I want to profile functions with in 2 events
> (triggers), which they happen inside the program while execution
> happening. Is it possible with any open source tools in linux.
Sorry, wrong list. This is the development list for the gcc compiler;
it is not a "how to program" list.