This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: executables in gcc4.0.2
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: sean yang <seanatpurdue at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:41:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: executables in gcc4.0.2
- References: <BAY105-F24195B1412C69EFC4573FEC0D30@phx.gbl>
On Mar 28, 2006, at 12:59 PM, sean yang wrote:
If we do a search of main function in gcc4..0.2/gcc directory, we
can find several.
I understand collect2.c-->collect2, main.c (wrapper of toplev.c) --
>cc1, gcov.c-->gcov. Can someone give a brief introduction what gen*
() is ued for? For example, genattr is compiled to destgcc/gcc/
build/genattr, but I don't see anything else calls this executable.
I'd refer you to the documentation and source code.
In general, this list isn't set up for such questions. We kinda
expect that you can read a make file and see lines like:
insn-attr.h: s-attr ; @true
s-attr : $(MD_DEPS) build/genattr$(build_exeext)
$(RUN_GEN) build/genattr$(build_exeext) $(md_file) > tmp-attr.h
$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/../move-if-change tmp-attr.h insn-attr.h
and understand what that says and read comments like:
/* Generate attribute information (insn-attr.h) from machine
and get a feel for that the file might do.