This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
- From: Kevin Handy <kth at srv dot net>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:57:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
- References: <20060328203251.A6CA111003E@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
Jack Howarth wrote:
I am trying to compile some fairly old legacy c code with gcc 4.1
in FC5 and have been able to eliminate all the compiler warnings save
warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
It should be defined in <stdlib.h>.
Is there a missing #include for that?
...which is repeated through the compilation of the sources. I can
google lots of build logs with this warning but haven't been able
to get any hits on patches or fixes to eliminate the warning. Thanks
in advance for any hints.