This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:41:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
- References: <20060328203251.A6CA111003E@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Tuesday 28 March 2006 21:32, Jack Howarth wrote:
> I am trying to compile some fairly old legacy c code with gcc 4.1
> in FC5 and have been able to eliminate all the compiler warnings save
> warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
> ...which is repeated through the compilation of the sources. I can
> google lots of build logs with this warning but haven't been able
> to get any hits on patches or fixes to eliminate the warning. Thanks
> in advance for any hints.
#include <stdlib.h> is by far the best solution.
If you really must disable the warning without fixing your code