RE: Gosh, GCC 3.4.6 does so exist...

 >   It's turned out to be a somewhat staggered release...

 >   Circumstances beyond control and all that...   At least the
 >   software's out
 > there; it's not the end of the world if the formal announcement is a
 >   little
 > delayed.

Still, it's not okay.  The tarballs have been on gcc.gnu.org since
March 6th, (for three weeks).  They reached ftp.gnu.org on March 10th.
And the mirrors have had it since then too.  I see no reason why in
the time since then we couldn't have had a formal announcement and
NEWS items entry on the home page.  Letting it stagnate like this just
breeds confusion.

Gaby, what's the holdup?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh