Re: Ada subtypes and base types

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 10:35 -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:

> Start by looking at tree-vrp.c:infer_value_range.
I'm not so sure this is the best place to start.

It seems to me that the asserts could be registered at the
start of insert_range_assertions.

Just walk the parameter list and extract the default definition
for each parameter and register an appropriate assertion based
on the parameter's type.

Note that this basically avoids reaching any kind of conclusion
about the best way to handle our representational issue with
VR_VARYING vs just creating a range from TYPE_MIN_VALUE to
TYPE_MAX_VALUE.  There's a part of me which would recommend
reaching some conclusions on that issue before going down the
path of special casing parameters.

Jeff