This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Adding more expensive tree expression list in stmt_cost
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:00:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFC: Adding more expensive tree expression list in stmt_cost
- References: <DEC061D2-98DB-4B51-B875-67A35EBC67F2@physics.uc.edu>
> does not care about cost really and always pulls out the calculation
> so maybe
> LIM should be doing that instead.
Zdenek will argue (or at least, has in the past), that pulling out
things should only be done if you can prove that it won't increase
register pressure. I believe that is not the correct approach for the
tree level, hence why PRE does it.
> Andrew Pinski