This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Can't build gcc version 4.2.0 20060311 (experimental) on sparc/sparc64 linux
- From: "Christian Joensson" <christian dot joensson at gmail dot com>
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:59:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Can't build gcc version 4.2.0 20060311 (experimental) on sparc/sparc64 linux
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 3/24/06, David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From: Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:04:41 +0100
> > Or maybe ELF 64-bit MSB since I'm seeing -m64 on the command line?
> Hey might have showed the wrong command line, since this
> library is multi-libbed.
ehrm, well, don't know for sure anymore, I've started from scratch
with 20060318 instead and on sparc-linux strictly, not using
> > In any cases, do not drag me into this mess, please, I've already
> > said what I think about this 32-bit sparc64-*-* compiler. :-)
> There is no fundamental reason why it shouldn't work correctly.
> I think this configuration choice is very reasonable from
> a distribution makers' viewpoint, so we should not discount
> it so readily. :-)