insns for register-move between general and floating

I'm working on a port that has instructions to move bits between
64-bit floating-point and 64-bit general-purpose regs.  I say "bits"
because there's no conversion between float and int: the bit pattern
is unaltered.  Therefore, it's possible to use scratch FPRs for
spilling GPRs & vice-versa, and float<->int conversions need not go
through memory.

Among all the knobs to turn regarding register classes, reload
classes, and modes+constraints on movM, floatMN2, fixMN2 patterns,
I need some advice on how to do this properly.

Thanks!
Greg