Re: alias time explosion

On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:

I'm not sure when this happened, but I noticed on the weekend that there
has been an explosion in the time spent during the alias analysis phase.
using cplusplus-grammer.ii, it use to compile on my machine in about 55
seconds, and its now up to about 150 seconds.

A quick gprof indicated about 60% of compile time is being spent in
bitmap_bit_p, called from compute_may_aliases.

someone made it WAY slow :-)

Could it be that 2 more passes of may_alias was added?

-- Pinski