This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: alias time explosion
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:55:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: alias time explosion
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
I'm not sure when this happened, but I noticed on the weekend that
has been an explosion in the time spent during the alias analysis
using cplusplus-grammer.ii, it use to compile on my machine in about 55
seconds, and its now up to about 150 seconds.
A quick gprof indicated about 60% of compile time is being spent in
bitmap_bit_p, called from compute_may_aliases.
someone made it WAY slow :-)
Could it be that 2 more passes of may_alias was added?