Re: New brach 'yara-branch' is created

Michael Matz wrote:

Hi Vladimir,

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Vladimir N. Makarov wrote:

What I am going to do in short perspective is
o work on code quality of some SPECINT tests (e.g. reload is doing
better job for crafty with many multi-registers than YARA)

I haven't looked at the new branch yet, so forgive me if this is obvious
or handled already. In my attempt I found that the only way to handle
multi-word registers well was to really track (and allocate) partially
live registers, i.e. separate words in a whole multi-word web. That was
what the whole subweb mess was coming from, which was slowing down the
whole allocator quite a bit.

It is not done this way yet. I thought about that too and hope it can help crafty.