This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New brach 'yara-branch' is created
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Vladimir N. Makarov" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:01:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: New brach 'yara-branch' is created
- References: <441C49B6.email@example.com>
On Saturday 18 March 2006 17:56, Vladimir N. Makarov wrote:
> I've created a branch for my allocator project which is called Yet
> Another Register Allocator (or YARA - yet another recursive acronim).
> I am think I reached the point when my work on a public branch can
> be made. I am focused only on x86 right now. So YARA will work only
> for x86 and probably for x86_64 for some tests (at least for SPEC).
> There is no way that it will work for PPC, Itanium or other targets
> for now.
Is this related to, and have you considered the long-term proposal for
improving register allocation that was posted on the thislist a while ago?