Re: GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> So when we finally do move to a newer libtool we will move to the
> unreleased libtool main line?  I guess I was assuming we would move to a

Yes, unless we decide to audit local changes (since libtool 2.0 branched)
for those not on libtool 2.0 branch and use 2.0 branch with some
backported patches.  I don't think using 1.5 branch will be a plausible
option.  I don't know what upstream libtool policy is on what patches can
go on 2.0 branch.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)