This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:10:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?
- References: <200603172353.PAA16191@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> So when we finally do move to a newer libtool we will move to the
> unreleased libtool main line? I guess I was assuming we would move to a
Yes, unless we decide to audit local changes (since libtool 2.0 branched)
for those not on libtool 2.0 branch and use 2.0 branch with some
backported patches. I don't think using 1.5 branch will be a plausible
option. I don't know what upstream libtool policy is on what patches can
go on 2.0 branch.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)