This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:43:50 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?
- References: <200603172259.OAA15851@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I could fix this on the 1.4 branch but I am guessing that libtool
> doesn't really want 1.4 fixes anymore and the problem is already handled
> on the 1.5 branch so I was wondering if there are plans to move GCC to
> a 1.5 libtool.
Apart from the autoconf issues, while it's GCC policy that all changes to
the local libtool fork must have equivalents in libtool CVS first, that
means libtool CVS mainline - not 1.5 or 2.0 branches. If we move to one
of those release branches, we need to check a lot of local changes to see
whether they have equivalents on the release branch, and backport the
equivalents from mainline libtool if not.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (CodeSourcery mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)