This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FSF Policy re. inclusion of source code from other projects in GCC
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot labs dot mot dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:09:28 -0800
- Subject: Re: FSF Policy re. inclusion of source code from other projects in GCC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200603172215.k2HMFhar001685@latour.labs.mot.com> <email@example.com> <441B40AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>>>> The STL files in libstdc++-v3 need to be clearly marked as not part of
>>>> GCC. Benjamin, will you please take care of that, by modifying the
>>>> libstdc++-v3/README to indicate that the files originally from HP are
>>>> not part of GCC, and specifically list those files?
>> Huh? What are you smoking dude?
> Nothing; I don't smoke.
To be clear: in the case of the STL files, I specifically noted that we
do not have to move them out of our repository. However, it is also
clear that RMS believes (now) that these files should not have been
treated as they were. I don't have permission to quote his messages on
the topic, so I don't think I should, but I think it's clear that your
understanding of the situation does not match his.
So, I think you need to find the evidence of the permission that was
obtained, so that we can resolve the situation.
(650) 331-3385 x713