This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FSF Policy re. inclusion of source code from other projects in GCC
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot labs dot mot dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:05:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: FSF Policy re. inclusion of source code from other projects in GCC
- References: <email@example.com> <200603172215.k2HMFhar001685@latour.labs.mot.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>>> The STL files in libstdc++-v3 need to be clearly marked as not part of
>>> GCC. Benjamin, will you please take care of that, by modifying the
>>> libstdc++-v3/README to indicate that the files originally from HP are
>>> not part of GCC, and specifically list those files?
> Huh? What are you smoking dude?
Nothing; I don't smoke.
As already stated, all I am doing is passing along information from the
FSF. RMS personally approved the message that I sent, including the
discussion of the STL files.
As previously stated, if there is contrary information from FSF lawyers,
then please gather it and present it to the FSF.
(650) 331-3385 x713