Re: getarg_ and iargc_

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:13:30AM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions for how to fix this in libgfortran.
> I would fix this in Scilab, except that if gfortran is to be a
> drop-in replacement for g77, then we shouldn't have this kind of
> rather silly compatibilty issues.

Careful.  libgfortran attempts to keep its namespace clean
by appending gfortran_ to its intrinsics procedure.  libg2c
has no namespace and is a fine example of a garbage dump.  If
you really want to expose getarg_ and iargc_, look at abort_.
Note, I oppose this type of change, because -std=f95 will
loose its meaning.  There are 2 instances of exposed internals,
abort_ and etime_.  I plan to remove etime_ someday.

--
Steve