This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: getarg_ and iargc_
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Giuseppe Ghib? <ghibo at mandriva dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:35:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: getarg_ and iargc_
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:13:30AM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions for how to fix this in libgfortran.
> I would fix this in Scilab, except that if gfortran is to be a
> drop-in replacement for g77, then we shouldn't have this kind of
> rather silly compatibilty issues.
Careful. libgfortran attempts to keep its namespace clean
by appending gfortran_ to its intrinsics procedure. libg2c
has no namespace and is a fine example of a garbage dump. If
you really want to expose getarg_ and iargc_, look at abort_.
Note, I oppose this type of change, because -std=f95 will
loose its meaning. There are 2 instances of exposed internals,
abort_ and etime_. I plan to remove etime_ someday.