This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using only regular register names in emitted assembly
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nikolaos Kavvadias <nkavv at physics dot auth dot gr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:42:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: Using only regular register names in emitted assembly
- References: <4411A4D0.email@example.com>
Nikolaos Kavvadias <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> how is it possible to emit regular register names (e.g. for the MIPS
> to use $31 and not $ra) when producing assembly output (with
> mips-elf-gcc -S)?
That seems an odd example. gcc already uses $31 rather than $ra.
The only two mnemonic names it uses are $sp ($29) and $fp ($30).
But no, I'm afraid there's no way to change that on the command line.