This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: changing the SPARC default
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Alexey Starovoytov <alexey dot starovoytov at sun dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:31:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: changing the SPARC default
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.31.0603151916070.3186-100000@boojum>
> 1st choice (the best):
> - change the default for all sparc platforms
> - change the default for Solaris 7+ and linux
> 3rd (100% safe):
> - change the default for Solaris 10+
> Also 64-bit Linux doesn't have to mean 64-bit (v9) gcc compiler,
> so at the same time it would be good to change it to v8plus as well.
> All that changes can be done by easily tweaking gcc/config.gcc
> by adding with_cpu=v9
I'm all for it, at least for Solaris 7+.