This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: aapcs apcs-gnu
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: trimarchi at gandalf dot sssup dot it
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:11:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: aapcs apcs-gnu
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wednesday 15 March 2006 05:20, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Hi all,
> what is the difference beetween this abi?
> The standard arm procedure call is the first one. What is introduced in the
> apcs-gnu? Is there some documentation about the last one?
"apcs-gnu" is the pre-EABI calling convention. I believe it's based mainly on
the RISCiX calling convention. There are many different variants of the APCS
but AFAIK none of them particularly well documented. The best documentation
for apcs-gnu is probably "whatever gcc generates".
"aapcs" is defined in the ABi for the Arm Architecture (aka. EABI)