Re: Problem with pex-win32.c

>Here is a sample program which does the right thing (no spurious console
>windows, all output visible) when run either from a console or from a
>console-free environment, such as a Cygwin xterm.  This is the code
>we'll be working into libiberty -- unless someone has a better solution!

The potential problem I see is in all the code you haven't written yet.
There's a fair amount of work that the MSVCRT library does that isn't
reflected in your code, like PATH searching, adding filename suffixes
(eg. ".EXE"), and converting the argv array into a command tail.
It even uses undocumented parameters to CreateProces() to pass file
descriptor flags to the new process.  While you can probably ignore
the later behaviour, subtle differences in the other behaviours could
cause problems.

Is this really worth it?  Could this whole problem be solved by you
switching to rxvt?  Maybe the only problem is that your xterm is broken.

						Ross Ridge