Re: GCC Port (gcc backend) for Microchip PICMicro microcontroller

Ok, so the mist is clearing. We produce assembly, including directives, etc, and target gputils initially (because it exists, and it works), and then later, do a port for binutils.

Is there anyone thats familiar with any of the other microcontroller ports like the AVR port, so that we can try learn from mistakes there, and gain some experience?

From: Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com>
To: "Colm O' Flaherty" <colm_o_flaherty@hotmail.com>
CC: fpoulain@enib.fr, gabriele@caracausi.it, damien.thebault@laposte.net, gcc@gnu.org, tbird-contact@cox.net, dj@redhat.com, Lmjennings@ra.rockwell.com, raimund@vmars.tuwien.ac.at, mjv@x64.com, trebor@trebor.org, vrokas@otenet.gr, alex@monaghan.co.uk, denisc@overta.ru, aph@redhat.com, matz@suse.de, dave@cyclicode.net, eric.robert@videotron.ca, Svein.Seldal@solidas.com
Subject: Re: GCC Port (gcc backend) for Microchip PICMicro microcontroller
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:16:38 -0800