This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using only regular register names in emitted assembly
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Nikolaos Kavvadias <nkavv at physics dot auth dot gr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:22:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: Using only regular register names in emitted assembly
- References: <4411A4D0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Nikolaos Kavvadias wrote:
how is it possible to emit regular register names (e.g. for the MIPS
to use $31 and not $ra) when producing assembly output (with
I want to just use the arithmetic names ($0 to $31).
Yes, just edit gcc/config/mips/* and put in any names you care to, if
it doesn't already support the names you want.
[ note, you sent your email to the list that is relevant if you want
to edit gcc, not use gcc, for using gcc, you'd want gcc-help ]