This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Porting gcj to i386-darwin
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, tolaini at libero dot it
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:13:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: Porting gcj to i386-darwin
- References: <03C76035-E844-409A-8B5B-FC772B742046@libero.it>
target-zlib: should be sufficient to add i386-darwin to the supported
zlib is being skipped only because libjava is.
target-boehm-gc: a patch exists for porting to the new platform, so it
should be a matter of applying it
target-libffi, target-libmudflap, target-libjava: I don't know what
exactly needs to be done, maybe someone could help me
mudflap is not needed for java.
libjava probably needs very little treatment if any, but I am not sure.
libffi is going to be the hardest. You have to support Apple's calling
conventions; I am not sure how different they are from say Microsoft
(Windows) or SVR4 (Linux) calling conventions.