This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Removal of loop notes
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, wilson at specifix dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:03:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Removal of loop notes
- References: <10603090257.AA02846@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <20060309081235.GA5667@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
> > I see that flow no longer uses loop_depth when computing REG_N_REFS,
> > That strikes me as wrong. Don't we want to give pseudos that are in loops
> > preference over those that aren't?
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:12:35AM +0100, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> we have much more reliable heuristic based on profile information for
> some time now.
Profile information isn't always available.