This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Removal of loop notes
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: wilson at specifix dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:12:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Removal of loop notes
- References: <10603090257.AA02846@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
> I see that flow no longer uses loop_depth when computing REG_N_REFS,
> That strikes me as wrong. Don't we want to give pseudos that are in loops
> preference over those that aren't?
we have much more reliable heuristic based on profile information for some time now.