This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful Build: gcc-4.1-20051230 i686-pc-mingw32
- From: "François-Xavier Coudert" <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: regedit85 at gmx dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bonzini at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:57:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Successful Build: gcc-4.1-20051230 i686-pc-mingw32
- References: <email@example.com>
> I started again (deleted the generated files) and configured with "sh
> ../gcc-4.1.0/configure --prefix=/home/gcc41 --enable-threads=win32
> --with-ld=/mingw/bin/ld --with-win32-nlsapi=unicode" and fired "make
> bootstrap". I think this time make made more than the last time, but ejected
> an error again
I don't know for sure but, if I remember correctly my many
unsuccessful attempts at building on mingw32, using --prefix=/mingw
makes these go away.
I'd like to stress that there is not much testing of gcc trunk under
i386-mingw32 with MSYS. The configury and build system is widely
"broken" for that platform.