Re: documentation on inlining model needed

On Mar 7, 2006, at 12:28 AM, Yang Yang wrote:

Recently, I'm very interested in the inlining model of gcc.I need a
detailed documentation describing how the inlining is implemented in
gcc 4.0. Anybody who has been or is working on it please send me a
documentation. I'd really appreciate your help.

There is no such documentation; you're going to have to look at the source. The mechanism of actually duplicating a function body and substituting it for a call is in tree-inline.c. The decision about which calls to expand inline is made in cgraph.c and cgraphunit.c.