This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: documentation on inlining model needed
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: Yang Yang <sheepy13 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:22:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: documentation on inlining model needed
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mar 7, 2006, at 12:28 AM, Yang Yang wrote:
Recently, I'm very interested in the inlining model of gcc.I need a
detailed documentation describing how the inlining is implemented in
gcc 4.0. Anybody who has been or is working on it please send me a
documentation. I'd really appreciate your help.
There is no such documentation; you're going to have to look at the
source. The mechanism of actually duplicating a function body and
substituting it for a call is in tree-inline.c. The decision about
which calls to expand inline is made in cgraph.c and cgraphunit.c.