questions on optimization options!

1.For the same bunch of optimization options, does it matter if I
change the order of  them? Will that cause a different behavior of
GCC?
    2.Recently I've seen a spec2000 config file, where there is one
optimization option written twice in the OPTIMIZE part(thay are not in
a row).Why is it written that way?Does it mean the same optimization
will be done twice?
    I'd really appreciate if somebody could help.Thanks!