This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] Fix problem in convert_with_check
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:43:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Ada] Fix problem in convert_with_check
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 00:31 +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> cxa4025 and cxa4033 are very likely yours, originating in a miscompilation of
> the runtime (a-stwifi.adb) at -O2. They succeed if the aforementioned unit
> is compiled at -O2 -fno-tree-vrp. You can pass -a to gnatmake to cause the
> units to be recompiled locally. Same for cxa4028 but with a-strsup.adb.
One more note, we see the same kind of conditional and test
simplification with for cxa4028 in Ada.Strings.Superbounded.Super_Trim.
So I'm pretty confident that if we fix the bogus trees generated for
a-stwifi.adb that all three of these regressions will be fixed.