GCC 4.0.3 RC1

GCC 4.0.3 RC1 is available here:

ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/prerelease-4.0.3-20060303

Please download and test!

As always, please report problems via Bugzilla, adding me to the CC:
list for the bug report.  Because this is a maintenance release for
4.0.x, problems that also exist in previous 4.0.x releases probably will
not be considered showstoppers, but they should still be reported.

I'm sorry that it's taken me a while to get the prerelease announced.
One of the causes is that the 4.0 gcc_release script was still using
CVS, I had to make sure that upgrading the script to the 4.1 version
would work.  Joseph Myers helped me with that process.  In any case,
it's certainly a risk to change the release script on a branch, so there
is certainly the possibility that some packaging problem has been
introduced.  That makes it especially important that you test the actual
prerelease tarballs on the FTP site.  The modified release script has
not been checked in, but will be shortly.

Assuming that there are no major problems, I expect the final release in
the middle part of next work.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell