This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: GCC Torture documentation required
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <Jayashree dot Badarinath at infineon dot com>, <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:07:54 -0000
- Subject: RE: GCC Torture documentation required
On 03 March 2006 11:44, Jayashree.Badarinath@infineon.com wrote:
> Hello Respected Sir/Madam,
> We are using the GCC Torture which has been downloaded from your
> website. It would be highly helpful if we could the documentation for
> these GCC Torture as to what each test case is testing, and intension of
> the testcase in the Torture testsuite.
> Your help with this regard would be highly appreciated.
No such documentation exists. Many of the testcases can be tracked back,
through research in the cvs history of gcc, the mailing list archives and the
gcc bugzilla database, to find the precise bug that they were aimed at fixing,
but there are probably quite a few fairly ad-hoc tests as well which may have
been added without detailed cvs log messages; if their intent is not clear
from the source code or the naming of the test file, then you are probably out
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....