This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: automation: Problem with builddir != srcdir requirement
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Claudio Fontana <sick_soul at yahoo dot it>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:01:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: automation: Problem with builddir != srcdir requirement
- References: <email@example.com>
If you want to remain sane, don't look at their makefiles. :-)
That's sad news. Maybe they would would consider a
well-written patch; I have to try.
That was to mean, that there are good reasons, when the build system
becomes complex, to support only builddir != srcdir. Programs that do
not support it are buggy and should be reported to the author.
(Note that GCC 4.1.x is just building with builddirThat's perfectly good for me.
!= srcdir under your feet).