This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: automation: Problem with builddir != srcdir requirement
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Claudio Fontana <sick_soul at yahoo dot it>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:32:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: automation: Problem with builddir != srcdir requirement
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:23:42PM -0800, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> I am building a generic installation program for GNU
> coding standards-compliant packages.
> I have a problem with current builddir != srcdir
> requirement in glibc and recent versions of gcc.
That requirement is not going away. Therefore, for your installation
program to be truly generic, it should always and uniformly set
builddir != srcdir. Doing so has the advantage that it is easy
to clean up after each build; just remove the entire builddir.