Re: automation: Problem with builddir != srcdir requirement

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:23:42PM -0800, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> I am building a generic installation program for GNU
> coding standards-compliant packages.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/sourceinstall/

> I have a problem with current builddir != srcdir
> requirement in glibc and recent versions of gcc.

That requirement is not going away.  Therefore, for your installation
program to be truly generic, it should always and uniformly set
builddir != srcdir.  Doing so has the advantage that it is easy
to clean up after each build; just remove the entire builddir.