This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: problem with the gcc 3.4.4
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Mike Stump'" <mrs at apple dot com>, "'HASSAN AL MOATASSIME'" <hassan dot al-moatassime at fstg-marrakech dot ac dot ma>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:32:12 -0000
- Subject: RE: problem with the gcc 3.4.4
On 02 March 2006 00:02, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2006, at 3:47 AM, HASSAN AL MOATASSIME wrote:
>> I have a problem with the compiler gcc 3.4.4.
>> With the gcc 3.2 compiler, i have no problem with the following
>> instruction : creal(U0[i])=PartieReelle;
>> Now with the gcc 3.4.4 i have the folowing message :
>> -- erreur: invalid lvalue in assignment
> Wrong mailing list, please use gcc-help.
> I suspect that your code is invalid C/C++ code and that you may want
> to read up on what language you're using and then change your code to
> conform to that language.
Probably creal/cimag used to be implemented as macros which simply
dereferenced the relevant member of the complex number struct meaning they
could be effectively used as lvalues, but now they're implemented as functions
and actually return a value not a reference. (To mix my terminology
Looks to me like it's yet another case of
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....