This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Preserving bootstrap with non-GCC compilers
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:12:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: Preserving bootstrap with non-GCC compilers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Comments? I'm of course also volunteering to write the patch, provided that
an adept at the new bootstrap (black) magic gives me a clue as to where I
should start. :-)
You just have to write the test in the toplevel configure.in, and place
it just before the AC_SUBST(stage1_cflags).
The maintainers may think it different, but I won't see anything wrong
in having a simpler
if test "$GCC" = yes; then
since most versions of GCC (at least 2.7.2 which is the oldest I ever
used, around 1998 on RH5.2) have the flag.