Re: Bootstrap failure on trunk: x86_64-linux-gnu

Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> I wouldn't have a problem with non-canonical bounds if there were
> no way to get a value into an object which is outside the
> bounds.  But if we can get values into the object which are outside
> those bounds, then either the bounds are incorrect or the program
> is invalid.

I would classify this as a gimplification bug, as the starting program
is correct, but the GIMPLE form is not.  GIMPLE was introduced for
reducing the complexity of the specific of each language, so I think
that the types should also be translated to a canonical form.

Sebastian