This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: update_stmt calls
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, amacleod at redhat dot com, dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:37:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: update_stmt calls
- References: <20060301043123.GA12384@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Feb 28, 2006, at 11:31 PM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
I have a patch that decreases number of update_stmt calls in tree alias
analysis to 46525; still, is it really that useful to run
*six* times during compilation? Obviously, we need the initial one,
there are comments after pass_sra and pass_fold_builtins that indicate
that the following pass_may_alias cannot be avoided (which seems
doubtful to me, at the very least in the later case).
They can be avoided but just not today. The one after PRE is the same
issue as the SRA and FAB. I filed PR 23659 for the problem with FAB,
it is similar issue with the other two.